Thursday, March 7, 2013

World Book Day 2013: Alice in Wonderland

We love World Book Day here at A Puppet Opera, and I can't tell you how excited I was when Isabelle decided to dress up as Alice in Wonderland to celebrate at school today. I don't know when I began collecting Alice books, but at last count we have 15 on our shelves, including a fantastic pop-up and a video of the wonderful Christopher Wheeldon ballet. So of course, it was imperative she needed a perfectly authentic costume, at which point my obsessive-compulsive disorder took over and I started designing, drafting and constructing this hot little number from scratch. Well, the pinafore, anyway. The dress, actually was purchased, but I dyed it blue.


Okay, maybe it was a little too much, and maybe it was overly fussy, but look how much she is loving herself in that dress, and tell me it wasn't worth it!

2 comments:

Newborn Baby Photographer said...

She looks so sweet. I love the 'eat me' label.

Newborn Baby Photographer said...

She looks so sweet. I love the 'eat me' label

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails