Monday, February 22, 2010

Coffee Macarons

Look what I made! I had a pretty rough ride with these puppies; this is my second batch, and unlike the first (which went straight into the trash), these were a total success! French macarons au café, these fussy little beauties are the sweet du jour at Ladurée and Pierre Hermé, and in the kitchen at Cowper Road.

Thanks to a great recipe and macaron tutorial at Tartelette, I turned almonds, egg white and lots and lots of sugar into these delicate macarons. Look how cute they are, with their little ruffled "feet" and the delicate café au lait buttercream filling! I even painted little coffee swooshes on the top with a toothpick for extra artfulness. And now that I know how to make them, the possibilities are endless: rose petal, pistachio, salted butter caramel, chocolate... Yum, yum, yum. Better make that dentist appointment now.

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails