Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Make it Your Own Damn Self

When I was out shopping with Susan last week, I spotted this amazing butterfly chandelier at Pottery Barn Kids, and it quite literally stopped me in my tracks:

Isabelle is crazy for butterflies, and at the moment we have a butterfly theme going on in her room. This would be the perfect big-girl replacement for the baby mobile currently hanging over her bed. But when I saw the price tag (an incredible are-you-kidding-me $79), I quickly backed out of the store.

But I'm still thinking about how cool it would look in Issy's room, and finding it discontinued on the PB site, my brain is working overtime to come up with a do-it-yourself version. Fortunately, Twitterpated with Paper published instructions for making a knockoff of the selfsame chandelier for a mere $5. Sweet! So it got me thinking about how much I love it when cool people on the interweb publish instructions for making stuff at home, whether it's recipes, or Ikea design hacks, or installing beadboard paneling (more on that later).

So thanks Twitterpated for the project idea! Please do not invite me for anything in the next couple of days, because I'll be busy with my paper punch and the fishing line.

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails