Thursday, September 20, 2012

Upholstery in the dining room?

I spotted these very chic chairs online today at Made.com and I think I am in love with them. We currently have four chairs in our dining room, and are in need of two more to make it a set of six, and these upholstered beauties are different enough from our existing (eBay scores) chairs to not look weird, but similar enough to look very awesome at the head and foot of the table.

Sort of like the situation in this photo:

Made.com is an interesting company; you order the items online and then they place a giant order at one time with their supplier, so all the orders collected over a period of time ship out on the same day. This allows them to keep their production costs down, and pass on the savings to the buyer. But I've never actually ordered anything from them before, and while these are certainly less expensive than they would be on the high street, £260 is still kind of a lot of money. Well, for me anyway.

I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on having so much upholstery in the dining room, as well as Made, if you have any experience with them, or any other thoughts on how to turn a dining room from a cluttered play area to an elegant room for grown up entertaining. I swear, I'm all ears. But make it fast: the Flynn chair goes into production on Saturday, and if I haven't ordered by then, I'm out of luck.

(images from Made)

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails