Thursday, October 16, 2014

Things I Love Thursday: Mom and Dad Halloween Costumes

Halloween season is, of course, upon us, and I hope I'm not giving too much away in posting these pictures, but our Halloween has gone to the birds this year. On the workshop floor are a couple of fancy bird costumes for the kids, and I'm also busy magic-ing up a couple of simple costumes for Jules and myself to wear to the party. It's tricky finding a costume that will be festive, not take the focus away from the children, but also not scare our 6-year-old guests. There is such a thing as too far when it comes to Halloween (I have vivid memories of being scared witless by our neighbor's realistic vampire answering the door on trick-or-treat night), especially when celebrating with little ones. But I've always been so inspired by the way they throw themselves into Halloween over at Martha Stewart, and this is not the first time I've been sucked into one of her mask projects, but I think these fancy bird people might make an appearance at our party. In a non-creepy way, of course. In any case, if you, too fancy having a go at some birdie attire, here is the tutorial. I'll post our results once finished. 

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails