Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Well, hello there!

I am aware this post is bumping the last post of 2015 off the top of the page... Yes, I know it has been absolutely ages since I checked in, and I am sorry about that. I have been trying to go on a media diet of sorts; Jules and I are coming into the home stretch of another Whole 30 (hurry up January 31st so we can be done with it!), where we are spending a full 30 days eating only foods that are high in nutrients and pack a big healthy punch, to undo some of the damage we inflicted upon ourselves during the holiday period (Christmas pudding, I'm looking at you). So, while we are nourishing our bodies, I've also been trying to nourish my mind, and for me that means going on an internet diet. Fewer blogs, more books. More making, more doing, less surfing.

In truth, I've been a little ambivalent about the blog lately. I used to quite like blogging, but I feel like I've lost my way a little bit. Lost the oomph and focus I had a few months ago, and also, to be honest, have not had much to report. There are some exciting things that happened around here, but a lot of it is stuff I'd like to talk about but can't (for paid-work related reasons), stuff that's not interesting to you but wildly interesting to me, stuff that's just plain private.

But I can share the news that we have welcomed a new kitten into our house,which the kids have named Wicket, and we are getting used to each other day by day. I promise not to become an internet cat lady, though. Onward and upward, and welcome 2016.

Just finished reading: Brooklyn, by Colm Toibin
Insanely anticipating: Fabric designs by Emily Winfield Martin for Saltwater Fabrics, available summer 2016. How cute are these? I can't decide which to make a dress out of first.

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails