Monday, June 23, 2008

I can see it in my head...

We're another step closer to moving... our vendor called today to establish a date for completion (yay!), so it looks like we will be able to move before Baby's born (double yay!). Which, for those keeping count, should be fewer than 7 weeks from today. Yikes!

Naturally my thoughts now turn to a cute way to do up the nursery, and I keep drawing blanks. We don't know if the baby's going to be a boy or a girl, so whatever we design has to be fairly neutral. Only trouble is that the "gender neutral" baby gear on offer here is so dismal and depressing. Why does "gender neutral" mean "bread colored" to our friends at John Lewis? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Blond wood and oatmeal textiles are just so... bland. I'm afraid baby will bore itself mindless in a bedroom that looks like a steamed pudding. I like the idea of a brightly colored baby's room. To my mind, bright colors equals bright baby! I found this Babar poster while I was poking around the web earlier, and I'm really in love with it.



So I'm hoping to use that palette to anchor my little nursery design, and am now on the lookout for primaries and brights that will go with it. Whether I'll feel like actually painting the nursery in a few weeks (when I will rival Babar himself in the weight and waistline department), remains to be seen.

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails