Friday, June 20, 2008

What a smash-ing absolutely dash-ing spec-tac-le...

On my way to a meeting in Woking yesterday, I passed through Waterloo Station and happened to encounter loads of people on their way to watch the racing at Ascot. This week (for those not in the know) is Royal Ascot and yesterday was Ladies' Day, traditionally the day when the most fantastic hats and fashions come out to play. I had a few minutes to kill before my train, so I snapped a few photos. Not as much fun as actually attending the races, I imagine, but an entertaining way to start the morning.








I'm not sure how many of these outfits will make it past the stewards at the Royal Enclosure; Ascot has recently changed the dress code and are enforcing it strictly. The maternity blouse and Gap trousers I was wearing yesterday definitely wouldn't have made the grade. But who cares? How much fun is that lady having in her giant red hat that looks like a poppy?

1 comment:

who? said...

Yes indeed, I think I like the poppy one the best as well...

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails