Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wintry Inspiration: Reading List

Hi friends! It's definitely November outside my window today; frost on the grass, brown and curling leaves, the blackbird poking around at the birdfeeder for treats. To me, this is perfect curl-up-with-a-book weather. I'll be honest, it's hard to get much reading done when you've got a 13-month-old crawling around the house, but occasionally I'll let naptime run a bit longer than necessary to sneak a few pages here or there. Here's what I've been enjoying in those stolen moments lately:
Yes, to be sure, a long list for someone who claims not to have time to read, but most are short stories so I've been jumping around. A friend introduced me to the wonderful New Yorker Fiction Podcast, and some of these books are by authors featured there. Listening to the podcast has quite literally changed my life; now I can listen to stories when I'm out walking, or on the Tube, or doing the ironing, which any multi-tasking mom can tell you is time you want to be thinking about something else but usually can't. Thanks to Deborah Triesman and the staff at the New Yorker, I'm looking forward to making my Christmas list of books for Santa! I'm afraid it will be a long one...

Happy reading! 

(image from no idea where. sorry.)

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails