Wednesday, May 22, 2013

On a Wednesday in late May

A year ago today I was wandering around the Chelsea Flower Show, glass of Pimm's in hand, fanning myself with my sunhat and admiring the fantastic gardens and floral displays. Well, today is rainy, drizzly and cold, and we have the heat on in the house. It's been the latest spring for I don't know, a million years, and so no Chelsea for me this year, because I don't fancy waddling around in a ski jacket. But here is a picture of the irises on the Kelway's stand last year, which won, I think, a gold medal for their extreme beauty. This year, the irises are barely even in bud! I can't believe it. So depressing. 

To brighten up the mood, I thought I'd round up my favorite garden books, and spend some time snuggled up with a book rather than weeding. 



So turn up the heat, make yourself a cup of tea, and think spring!

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails