Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Greatest of Bees....

Oh Great British Sewing Bee.... I'll tell you, you had me in tears when my favorite contestant left this week. She was a great sewer and I was sorry to see her go... But I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this season; the challenges have been great, the people have been fun, and it's completely inspired me to haul out my machine and make a couple of things I never thought I would attempt (hello sailor suit for Billy). If you haven't yet seen it, the final is on Tuesday, and you must absolutely make time to watch three very talented sewers take on couture sewing techniques, because I'm sure it will be fascinating. 

Here are a couple of other reasons to watch: 

• The vintage episode (episode 6) including sewing on a 1930's Singer and the make-do-and-mend segment where the sewists refashioned a men's suit into something new. So challenging and so exciting!

• Judge Patrick Grant's attire:
via here

Savile Row needs no better advertisement for perfect fit, fine tailoring and flawless construction. Mais non?

• The fact that Chinelo has never once used a pattern for any of her amazing garments. 

• The joyous banter and happy camaraderie of the sewers on the set as well as the whole internet sewing community supporting this show, who have jumped forward with a great wealth of patterns, advice, tutorials and inspirations. Fun, buzzing and sassy, just like a real sewing bee! 

Anyway, Great British Sewing Bee, this is just a small letter from me to you to tell you how much I love you, and I can't wait to see who becomes Queen of the Bee on Tuesday! 

Happy sewing, everyone! 

xoSarah



No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails