Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Puppet Opera On Tour

Hello everyone! I'm on the road in Boston this week, so expect only sporadic updates.

Things I love about Boston that I forgot since my last visit:
  • Fall color. Why are the leaves in New England so much more vibrant and beautiful than in the rest of the country?
  • People talk about EVERYTHING here. I saw a lady on the street protesting war, and a man who disagreed with her stopped to have a conversation about it. In someplace like, I don't know, west London, that same guy would just have thrown a beer can at her head.
  • Seafood! They pull it out of the ocean and put it on your plate. I love that.
  • The fact that Old North Church (history buffs: Paul Revere started his midnight ride here) is next door to a multi-story glass skyscraper. Boston offers the past and the future in one delicious bite!
  • Sam Adams on tap. Love.
  • The Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Amazingly I had a chance to see a cool Richard Avedon retrospective there today. Fashion!
  • And while we're on the subject, I love how cheap cabs are in the US. Come on, London black cabs, where's the love?
PS: This is my first blog post from my new computer. Yes, It's much swishier. Can you tell the difference?

No comments:

You may also be interested in...

Related Posts with Thumbnails